Get Started on Your Degree Today!
The online Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology curriculum is designed to prepare you for employment leading to supervisory and management positions in the production, automation or maintenance areas of industry. The role of the Industrial Technology graduate is to facilitate ideas from senior management to the production floor. Completion of the four-year online curriculum provides an excellent background in science, mathematics, design and human relations. This is coupled with the practical use of automated machinery and the associated tools, as well as knowledge of industrial manufacturing processes, materials and logistics.
Some courses require students to participate in on-campus workshops. Workshops are held four Saturdays per semester. Courses with this requirement are denoted with an asterisk (*) in the program structure.
- 124 hours are required to complete the program.
- Transfer up to 62 hours from an accredited community college or accredited four-year university
- This program is not completely online.. Some courses require students to participate in on-campus workshops, which will be held on our Starkville, MS, campus during four Saturdays in the semester.
- Two concentrations are available: 1) Industrial Automation and 2) Manufacturing & Maintenance Management.
What are some potential careers?
Choose from two concentrations:
- Manufacturing and Maintenance Management involves the management, maintenance, and day-to-day operation and improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Industrial Automation includes fixed automation, robotics, and the troubleshooting of automated systems and their role in the manufacturing environment.
Many of our graduates have started their careers with outstanding companies such as Caterpillar, Milwaukee Electric Tool, Nissan North America, and more!
Some of the most recent job titles of our graduates include Production Supervisor, Quality Engineer, and Engineer Specialist.
Who should pursue this degree?
This degree may be for you if you have an associate degree in a technical field or if you’re working in a technical field in industry and want to advance your career into the areas of management and supervision.