How to Register
Students must meet all of the following criteria before attempting to register for Online Education courses:
- Only students fully admitted into the University are eligible to register for Online Education courses.
- All fully admitted students should consult with their advisor prior to registering for courses to ensure courses they wish to take will help fulfill degree requirements. Courses taken without proper advisor approval may or may not be applied to a student's program of study.
- Students wishing to register for Online Education courses will need to be released to register. If you have not received an email stating that you have been released to register, please contact your advisor.
- Login to myState using your NetID and NetPassword.
- Current students will use the same NetID and NetPassword used to access previous courses.
- New users will need to visit NetPassword Maintenance to "Set your initial NetPassword", "Lookup NetID", or "Enroll in or Manage Two-Factor Authentication".
- Open the navigation menu by clicking the "hamburger" icon at the top left of the page.
- Select "Banner" from the list of menu options.
- Click on the "myBanner For Students" tab.
- Under the column labeled “Registration”, click “Registration Checklist” and complete those steps to proceed.
- Under the column labeled "Registration", click "Banner 8 Registration".
- Select the term in which you wish to register from the drop down menu, click "Submit Term".
- Click "Add/Drop Classes Using One Class At A Time Option".
- Click "Class Search"
- Select "Online Education" as your campus. Once you have completed the appropriate filters, you may view your course options by clicking "Search".
- Click on the appropriate section (e.g. 501) of the course for which you wish to register and click "Add Class." The selected course will then be added to your class schedule. You may add additional courses by repeating this process.
Dropping a Course
Follow these instructions to add or drop classes:
- Login to myState
- Select the Banner tab from the top left row of options
- Under the Registration Menu, click the first option, Register for Classes
- From the Registration Term drop down list, select a term and click the Submit Term Button
- You should see the screen for adding and dropping classes
- To drop a class, go into the add/drop class section and click on the "drop class" option next to the courses on your schedule. By clicking on the appropriate buttons, you may also search for open classes or view your schedule
- You may print your schedule by selecting the print button at the top of the page when your schedule is displayed on the screen. Be sure to change the print orientation to landscape
Students cannot drop all classes without withdrawing from the university. To drop all classes and withdraw:
- Login to myState
- Select the Banner tab
- Select the Registration menu
- Select Withdraw Request
Your request will be routed for electronic approval. The effective date is the date that you submit the online request.