Get Started on Your Certificate!
This certificate is an innovative approach to equipping students with knowledge and skills that may be applied in a variety of companion animal careers as well as in their personal lives. You will be able to develop practical solutions and management plans for needs related to training, nutrition and management of companion animal species.
- The certificate meets the demands of many exciting opportunities in veterinary medicine and the animal science industry.
- The certificate is offered at graduate and undergraduate levels.
- The certificate requires a total of 15 credit hours for completion.
Who should pursue this certificate?
This program is designed for undergraduate and graduate students who wish to delve deeper into concepts related to companion animals.
As a student in this program, you will learn to:
- Understand anatomy and its relationship to function in evaluating companion animals
- Apply psychological principles to train animals for specific activities
- Discover the fundamentals of companion animal nutrition
- Become adept at selection, nutrition, reproduction and marketing of companion animals
- Grasp the social, physical and emotional benefits of the human-animal bond
- Communicate effectively on the topic of animal health and welfare