Get Started on Your Degree Online Today!
Complete your freshman and/or sophomore year requirements through MSU online, at an accredited community college, or at any other accredited four-year institution. Students may transfer up to 62 hours of community college course work to MSU.
Every class you will need is available ONLINE! Students may begin taking courses at the start of any semester. Courses are not sequenced except for one or two exceptions.
The online Bachelor of Science in Educational Psychology is designed for people who enjoy helping and working with others. It offers enriching courses in human growth and development, human learning, measurement, personality theory, exceptional populations, research methods, and psychology. The BS in Educational Psychology degree program is a non-teaching major that does not lead to teaching certification (though it is possible to earn alternate route certification upon graduation).
- In-state tuition for all students.
- 124 hours are required to complete the program.
- Completely online.
- Start the BS EPY program in the fall or spring semester.
- If you have core classes to take, you can start those in the summer.
- You can transfer up to 62 hours from accredited community colleges or an accredited 4-year institution. When you apply, the Registrar’s Office will review your transcript(s) to confirm which classes will transfer
What are some potential careers?
The BS EPY degree curriculum prepares individuals to work in many helping professions, including:
- Clinical mental health counseling
- School counseling
- School psychology
- Speech language pathology
Who should pursue this degree?
If you enjoy working with children, but don’t want to be a teacher, this is a great alternative. You may desire to have a vocation that helps people in challenging situations. This degree will equip you to do just that.