Get Started on Your Graduate Degree Online Today!
As an educational specialist, you can make a difference in the classroom, but the influence does not have to stop there. The online program, Educational Specialist in Education with a concentration in Teacher Leadership prepares students to focus on developing positive school culture by supporting and improving pedagogy among P-12 instructors. The program candidates learn to analyze data, evaluate instruction, improve student achievement, and make strategic decisions. As a future administrator, the program prepares you to have the tools to creatively solve problems, promote collaborative learning, empower others, supervise staff, promote change, and establish a positive school culture.
- The program has two tracks. 1) A 30-hour track designed for individuals who hold a Master’s degree in School Administration and an administrator license. 2) Intended for students holding a Master's degree in an area other than School Administration, the program of study requires a minimum of 37 credit hours of coursework above the Master's degree.
- Courses are 100% online. Internships are required but can be done at any location convenient for the student.
- All online students pay in-state tuition
- Leads to a 481 Mississippi Endorsement
- The program compliments the National Board Certification process.
What are some potential careers?
Graduates of the program are prepared for a wide range of professional positions in education, including curriculum coordinator, lead teacher, instructional coach, and teacher-mentor.
Who should pursue this degree?
Consider this degree program if you are a P-12 classroom teacher or any other professional interested in learning skills to help other teachers better understand subject matter, teaching skills, monitoring student learning and so much more.